In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 533
Online now 510 Record: 6210 (3/13/2012)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
I remember a couple months back..there were a lot of Phil Steele lovers..the so called college football guru predicted the Cats to rank what..last? 118th? in offense in 2012. Now..after 2 games..we sit at 45th nationally. We have the nations 12th rated QB..in Smith..we all know the numbers..73% 634yrds 6tds 0ints. This kid is hitting on close to 80% if you take away the intentional throw-aways and the drops..even higher. Joker and randy Sanders have a legit field general, a stable of servicable backs..and a talented recieving corps that is a good blend of size, speed, and athleticism. Smith gets the ball out so fast its hard to get to him..our recievers are blocking very well downfield on screens and hitches.
Wonder what Phil thinks now?
Say what u want but Phil is pretty good. Our offensive numbers are OK now but how will they look after going through the sec?
Williams will be back!
Plus the young WR will be getting better and the two seniors will be solid.
This post was edited by 7lives 19 months ago
I am who I am, said he who is. 15,235
Didn't he also pick UK over UL as an upset of the week? Or was that someone else.?
Not sure on upset. i myself dont waste the cash on Phils's cash cow magazines. He does do a good job overall..i guess. I guarantee you Uk will wind up better than you think offensivley. Max Smith is a star in the making, with a slew of recievers that not only make the routine catches, but some highlight reel grabs to boot. Our running backs have played well, despite 2 costly fumbles. Sanders is tearing up people when he gets a chance to run or catch a screen pass. Our wr's have blocked extremely well I think. Id say we stay right in the low 30's mid 40's. Id rather be there in scoring and defense though. I dont see us hanging 400 yards on S.Carolina, or Miss St, or Vandy, but I think we eat up Arkansas..beat Vandy by a fg..and find a way to win 3 of the 6 divisional games. that puts us at 7-5 and bowling!
In fairness to Mr Steele, nobody knew that UK would revamp its offense to the extent it has and lets be more honest, who among the faithful followers of the Cats saw UK's offense become so much better than last season's pathetic performance?? Kudo's to Coach Sanders and to the players who have obviously put in the work to make such significant improvement.
It's mr. Steele's job to forsee these things.
Mr. Steele's time has passed. He might be able to pick 90% of the games each week, but what serious fan can't do that. It's the other 10% that is tough.
I thought we would be move run oriented, but i saw a great improvement on offense this year. I thought later in the year the passing game would catch up, looks like Max is ready now.
Phil is the best in the business. UK offense has benefited from 2 average to below average defenses. If they keep it up through the sec then we'll have something.
Louisvilles d is not great but it's not below average either. Not that it matters. I agree that will just have to wait and see what the offense does against sec caliber D's. I think we'll fair better than some haters think.
I buy Steele's magazine for the information it contains, not his predictions.
Yeah I wouldn't be putting the "Best" on him at this stage of his career.
Name somebody better. There's a reason he's had the number 1 magazine for the last 15 years.
Mr Steele makes his living by unbiasingly look at the statistics.
There was no reason to predict that UK would have such a good Air attack through 2 games, Smith look capable down the stretch but not exceptional, and what WR showed exceptional promise.
Steele hit the nail on the head on what should have been the expecations, now lets see if we can continue to beath them through SEC play.
He could very well be the most accurate, but that's not saying much when it comes to his predictions, which border on ridiculous at times. One thing about Steele, when he's wrong, he'll quickly point out others who were as well, and he'll give you a myriad of excuses why he was wrong....and when he is right, you can hear him patting himself on the back from wherever you are reading. I buy his book every year, but it's because of the information it contains, although I do wish he'd quit rehashing what the QB/RB/WR/OL/DL/LB/DB/ST did 5 years ago when he does the team analysis. That's a little too much info.
Your team. All the time.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports