In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 788
Online now 677 Record: 6210 (3/13/2012)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Any way we are going to get the list of participants?
Keep Calm & Stoops On..
Jeff said he would be at the camp today. I'm sure we will be hearing some info tonight.
Not sure about a list, per se, but I'll be going over to observe and try to get you as many names as possible.
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/JDrumUK
Is it going to be VIP? Just asking, cuz my sub ran out.
Just got out of the first FNBL camp. We heard early on that there was not going to be a lot of high-end/SEC type guys at this session. They expect more at Sunday's senior showcase and next Friday's FNBL. They had about 200 kids there, I would estimate, and maybe 5 or 6 potential BCS guys. Maybe more, but tough to tell.
Jacob Hyde was there. Weighed in at 340! You'd never guess it. I guessed 315 or 320. He carries it extremely well. Hardly any gut, just country strong. Good feet. With coaching, he could be an All-SEC NT someday. Great looking recruit.
There was also a QB there from Hilton Head, SC, who has an offer from Arizona. Liked him a lot. More on him later when I get home.
Thanks Jeff, looking forward to the info.
Like I said earlier, not a ton of high-end guys at this particular session, but a couple more who caught my eye were:
* William Currie, a 6-2, 315-pound OL from Spencer County. Really good motor. Played hard in the one-on-one drills, competed with Jacob Hyde. David Turner was praising him a couple of times for taking it to his D-Linemen. Liked his attitude. Definitely will get some college looks. Mentioned that a Michigan coach had recently contacted him. Could be a sign of some good stuff to come for him.
* Dennis Oxendine, an ATH from here in Lexington at Tates Creek HS. He didn't participate in the drills (may be nursing an injury) but from a pure look-test standpoint, he was one of the guys you quickly noticed. It's a shame he couldn't do much today. I think the UK staff is taking a long look at him, but this kind of camp situation is where he needs to show out.
* Michael Julian, a 6-4, 180-pound QB/ATH from Hilton Head, SC. Looks like a young, thinner Andre Woodson. Has a fantastic arm. Threw a lot of nice touch passes deep down the field, and the UK coaches were applauding his effort. He told me afterward that he has an offer from Arizona. Hasn't heard a great deal from the Cats yet, but still wanted to come up and take a look. With recent news that Reese Phillips may be the only QB in this year's class, makes me wonder if UK also likes him as an ATH.
* Tucker Schwengel, a 6-1 QB from Shelbyville, Ill. Out of all the QBs, I thought he really threw the ball extremely well. Everything was on the mark and catchable. Don't know if he's a UK-level guy or if they'll even recruit any more QBs, but I think you may hear about him linked to some other schools. Lots of potential.
* There was an OL from Danville who slipped away before I could ID him. He had a good showing in the OL/DL drills. I'm going to have to do some research on him. It seemed like Mike Summers was impressed with what he was doing. Some of you familiar with Danville may be able to help on him. Looked to be about 6-3, 260-ish.
They're having a middle school 7-on-7 tourney tomorrow and then another Sunday showcase-type camp to close the weekend. We'll try to stop by Sunday and see if there's some recruits on campus.
Has Kentucky offered Jarrod Salisbury out of Clarksville Ohio (Clinton Massie) yet? I know he visited and several Bid Ten schools are interested. Kid is strong!
Not sure, but that's interesting. My dad grew up in that area.
Do you know if he attended tonight? There were a couple more big O-Linemen there today.
Not sure. Trying to find out. I live here and havent heard. He works on my buddys farm in the summer usually but i havent seen him this summer. Good farm boy who loves to work. Misspelled his name. Its Jared. Supposedly Tyler Sargent was on him. Hope so.
Im from prestonsburg and had heard one of our lineman Derek Newsome attended. Was just wondering if he stood out any at all. Thanks!
Hold up Jeff. The QB from HH, SC reminded of you of Andre Woodson and you think the staff might want him as an athlete? HUH? LOL.
JDrum, what was your take on a kid named Sean Jett? Saw on Twitter that he seems to have had a good camp (per himself). Any notes? TIA
This post was edited by TheMayor 22 months ago
I believe his name is Sean Jetter. He plays Wr for Winston Woods HS in Cincinnati.
340? wow...should he cut weight some or is he just that strong and fluid?
He's a tall, thin, light-skinned kid. Physically looked like a young Andre. Threw the ball very well, but Reese Phillips was told UK would recruit him and only him as a true QB this year, so it makes me believe if they like this kid, it's as more of a Wildcat QB/WR/ATH.
They're saying he should drop a few (I think they'd prefer him be in the 310 range) but the kid doesn't look sloppy at all. Carries it extremely well. He's one of the thickest guys (head to toe) I've seen in a long time. Reminds me somewhat of Jeremy Caudill at that age, only bigger.
I think we did see him. He was one of the taller WRs there. A lot of short dudes. He didn't do too bad, but I didn't see anything that really grabbed my attention, either. I'll ask around and see if he performed better at times when I wasn't watching the skilled guys.
Still have to actively recruit QB's other than Phillips, especially with him being an out-of-state kid whose dream school (UT) is in-state and has not offered yet. Can't afford to be left with no other real options if he bolts for another school at the 11th hour.
Yeah just messing with ya. I hope he runs better than Andre if we're looking at him for anything other than QB.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports