In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 641
Online now 385 Record: 6210 (3/13/2012)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
That's not about UK, but related to UK that will be interesting to follow. < LOL
1. Cody Zeller and IU. Will they follow up UK with NT? Will Cody Zeller be NPOTY?
IU: 4-0 So far, played nobody
Cody Zeller: 14.8 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 1.3 apg, 1.5 bpg, 1.8 spg, and 2.3 TOpg.
IU is off to a good start, but Cody Zeller is not showing any signs of POTY candidacy. To be blunt, not sure if he even qualifies in any all american ballot at this point.
2. Peyton Siva and UL. Similar to IU situation.
Peyton Siva: 7.7 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 9.0 apg, 2.7 spg, and 3.0 TOpg.
UofL is off to a good start, but they have played nobody either. They don't seem to be that much better off than last year. Even so they haven't played anybody, their offense is 79.7 ppg. Which doesn't bode well later when they actually compete against tough competition.
Also, Peyton Siva's assists are noticeably higher, everything else seems to be similar or worse off. his FG is dreadful 31%. Again, i wonder what will happen when he competes against high level talent.
3. ESPN #1 Freshmen class, UCLA. Shabazz, Anderson, Parker, and Adams.
Adam is off to a very nice start with 20+ ppg. Kyle anderson is putting up a decent stats. Parker doesn't seem he is contributing much, and Shabazz has just started. HOwever this team has already lost to an unranked team in georgetown, and went over time to a embarrassingly bad team in UC Irvine.
They will play next against Georgia, will they improve quickly enough? They have returning talents, but already showing signs of struggle.
What other story lines are you guys interested in?
G-Town is a pretty good team and plays IU tonight(Tues) and we will see if IU can play a pretty good team and Zeller better have a better game tonight than he did last night or IU goes down. Right now Noel isnt blocking the shots that we all thought he would but he is doing something that is much more important and that is his hustle on the court. His example at that is worth more than 5 or 6 blocked shots by far. That has been a fairly big story in the national media and they dont bother to check to see what else he may be contributing to the teams development. I read where Andersons father is concerned that his son isnt being played at the point and that is causing him some performance problems. Thefreshman at UCLA will be like KYs freshman class it will take time for all of them to get into a team cohesiveness and when they do the 2 teams will be awefully good.
oh man, UCLA looks horrendous. Seriously...
Also, i just saw Bazz yell at Josh Smith. And Anderson shaking his head on the bench. Doesn't look very good atmosphere.
EDIT: Why did Bazz pick UCLA. SMH. it doesn't fit his offense at all. Sheesh.
This post was edited by Wildmoon 17 months ago
I was thinking the same thing last spring when he chose UCLA. It would have made much more sense for him to have come to KY considering Cals system, it matches up really well with his skill set.
I thought Bazz was ineligible?
nah, he was reinstated by NCAA.
3 game suspension was enough. Of course this is causing a bit of controversy, but yeah he is playing now.
He looks fat now. LOL
He had very little choice in the decision ... it was all about the shoes.
UCLA is trash, just like I figured. IU is overrated and Siva will be the downfall of UL's season. I should remember this post so I can refer to a told you so, but I won't bother.
Zeller as NPOY is laughable. He scored 17 points tonight, 9 at the line, on at least three questionable fouls tonight. IU will lose 5 conference games. I'm willing to put my money on that.
Never disagreed with you. I am not sure about 5 losses in conference tho. anyways, here are the update on the 3 teams.
1. Indiana remains unbeaten. They do show some strength as a team, but did struggle a bit at the tourney. The thing i hate about the hype of indiana or louisville is that they are the same team. It means in each position they didn't get better. Deeper doesn't mean much unless you have foul trouble or other issues, but beyond that you want the best player playing the whole time. Cody Zeller continues to underwhelm.
CZ: 15.2 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 1.5 apg, 1.2 bpg, 1.3 spg, and 1.5 Topg.
2. Louisville losses to Duke. Same comments i made above, when you have deeper team without strengthening the starting line up, you remain the same team. This team would have been different if they upgraded the starters, but they didn't. Their offensive efficiency is TERRIBLE. Their FG% is ranked 199th. How is that possible with all the steals they do? Russ smith is their main offensive guy, if you have good defensive player stick it on him and Siva and you got a winning formula. Same as it was last 3 years. They did beat Missouri pretty soundly so i don't want to bash too much, but chances of them winning it all is slim in one and out format.
PS: 10.3 ppg, 2 rpg, 6.3 apg, .2 bpg, 2.8 spg, and 3.3 TOpg.
3. UCLA losses twice. Against Georgetown and against Cal Poly. This team is embarrassing. It really is. They barely won against Georgia, which is a horrible team. Needed overtime to beat UCI. The sign points to Howland will most likely get fired. They are just terrible right now. Their defense is slow, very slow. Just don't think they have that much talent. When you are in high school, you can utilize your body to get your points. this isn't true anymore playing against college kids, who are much stronger. Also, looks like Anderson is started to get limited minutes. Which might lead to angry parents. Good luck howland...and thanks!
SM: 17.0 ppg, 5 rpg, 1 apg, .7 spg, 0 bpg, 1.3 topg
KA: 5.3 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 3.5 apg, 1.5 spg, .5 bpg, 1.8 topg
TP: 4 ppg, 1.6 rpg, .2 apg, 0 spg, 0 bpg, .2 topg
JA: 18.5 ppg, 3.3 rpg, .8 apg, .5 spg, .3 bpg, 1.3 topg
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports